Estimated Cost of New Motorway in Sindh Revealed

The government informed the National Assembly on Friday that work on a new motorway, M-10, to provide a direct Karachi-Hyderabad connection is underway.

Responding to questions during Question Hour, the federal parliamentary secretary for communications said the existing M-9 will continue to serve as an expressway.

He said feasibility work for the M-10 has already been completed and the government is now working on a direct motorway link between Karachi and Hyderabad by bypassing the existing route.

The project is expected to be completed by 2028, he said, adding that the government has reviewed the reasons behind the delay in a scheme that has remained stalled for nearly three decades.

He said the project has been divided into five sections of around 50 kilometres each to attract investment. The total cost is estimated at more than $400 million.

The parliamentary secretary said no investor had previously been willing to finance the project, while the government also did not have enough funds to move it forward on its own.

He said all five sections were floated internationally to attract investment. Three sections have secured investment through different financing arrangements, including the Islamic Development Bank, while the procurement process for some sections is near completion.

He added that the Frontier Works Organisation has shown interest in two sections.

According to him, all five sections are expected to be completed by 2028.

The post Estimated Cost of New Motorway in Sindh Revealed appeared first on ProPakistani.

Exit mobile version