The federal government has decided to launch a major crackdown on illicit call centers across the country, according to ARY News.
The move came after the National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency’s Operation Grey failed to curb the problem. A new task force has now been formed, comprising officers from sensitive agencies, the FIA Cyber Crime Wing and the National Forensic Agency.
The task force will function under FIA headquarters and will also include the federal police and district administration.
All relevant agencies have been instructed to assist the task force, which will investigate blackmail, gambling and fraudulent schemes. The Ministry of Interior will receive daily reports on the action being taken against call centers.
Sources said a list of call centers operating in Karachi has also been prepared for further action.
The development comes after 275 foreign nationals were detained on Thursday during an operation at an illegal call center in Islamabad’s Sector I-10/3 by the FIA and NCCIA.
According to officials, the operation exposed the call center management’s involvement in unethical content creation. The detained foreign nationals included people from several countries, including China.
Officials said criminal activities were reportedly being carried out at the call center, where foreign men and women had been hired to create immoral content.
The NCCIA filed cases under the PECA Act, while the FIA registered cases under the Foreigners Act against the detained individuals.
The post Crackdown Launched Against Illegal Call Centers Across Pakistan appeared first on ProPakistani.
